The Scheduler must interact with the Project Management Team and Task Managers to develop and update detailed schedules, cost information and identification of variances from the original plan. On a regular basis, Scheduler must evaluate project schedule progress and performance and identify developing problem areas.
Reports to: Project Manager
Critical Tasks & Responsibilities
- Create a high-level master schedule that incorporates the initial CPM schedule and the contractors’ schedule
- Track critical activities and changes to the critical path impacting the project
- Keep an eye on program milestones and interdependencies
- Utilize industry accepted methodologies to analyze delays
- Provide information on items impacting the project schedule
- Responsible for spotting the critical path, as well as proffering alternatives to regain slippage to the schedule
- Strategize ways to negotiate claims, including office overhead, labor, and equipment costs
- Responsible for providing technical support in claims litigation
- Document changes integrated into the project schedule
- Provide a summary and report on project progress
- Spot project risks and include impact analysis for review by project team
- Responsible for maintaining current and standardized job files.
- Provide corrective actions to keep the project on scope, budget, and time.
- Provide any necessary assistance for the review and recommendation process, or any other procedure as required by the Program Director or Key Staff.
Required Competencies and Qualifications (technical, academic, experience, values, behaviors):
- Academic – bachelor’s degree or higher education,
- Experience – at least five (5) years of experience in scheduling construction projects auditing federally funded grant program’s processes, including but not limited to document and process auditing, policy review and implementation, compliance review, and invoice review and validation.
- Fully bi-lingual English / Spanish (both written & verbal).
- Technical Skills – highly proficient in Primavera P6 and Contract Manager, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, and other PM software; understanding of construction drawings and specifications; technical writing skills.
- Administrative writing skills
- Professionalism, confidentiality, and organization
- Reporting skills
- Travel logistics
- Verbal Communication
- Microsoft Office skills
- Candidate should present projects within the past five (5) years in which the candidate has provide services as Scheduler
Desired Competencies and Qualifications (experiences, training, etc is a plus but not required)
- Tracking Budget Expenses, Results Driven, Delegation, Time Management, Proactive, Staffing.
The items above are for the purpose of providing you with a general description of the nature of the duties and functions. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position. You may be assigned additional tasks not described related to the position in compliance with the demand of the operation and it does not diminish in any manner the obligations to the personnel’s existing responsibilities.