The Project Manager will be responsible for the entire field operation particularly the inspection of all construction work, including but not limited to the evaluation and recommendations of changes, preparation of reports, analysis of schedules, claims and dispute evaluation and recommendation, and the supervision of any required relocation activities related to the construction work. The Project Manager shall have knowledge of all laws and regulations related to the Handicap Accessibility Requirements. The Project Manager shall have knowledge of all applicable regulation, including but not limited to Section 3’s employment opportunity and Davis Bacon Act wage rates, construction codes and HUD regulatory guidelines compliance. This task involves monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner for the assigned construction projects.
Reports to: Program Director
Critical Tasks & Responsibilities
- Perform site visits, as necessary, when any construction progress situation arises and the PRPHA or its authorized representative requires it, under any of the subrecipients match-eligible projects.
- Prepare reports to the Program Director, based on oversight visits of projects. • Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings. • Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable. • Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective. • Perform ongoing field visits to assigned project in compliance with the company’s reporting and quality compliance.
Required Competencies and Qualifications (technical, academic, experience, values, behaviors):
- Academic – bachelor’s degree or higher education in Engineering or Architecture; • License – Professional Engineer license or Professional Architecture license • Association: Member in good standing with the Puerto Rico College of Engineers and Land Surveyors; or the Puerto Rico College of Architects and Landscaping Architects
- Experience – at least ten (10) years of experience as a Resident Engineer/Architect performing services similar to those required in this description;
- Fully bi-lingual – English / Spanish (both written & verbal);
- Technical Skills – highly proficient in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project and other PM software; understanding of construction drawings and specifications; technical writing skills;
- General Management – leadership, sound judgement, team player, follow communication protocols, excellent communication skills, multi-tasking (work on multiple projects simultaneously);
- Project Management Skills – Knowledge of all laws and regulations related to the Handicap Accessibility Requirements; systematic thinking; good analytical skills; process oriented; capable of managing & shuffling priorities based on the needs of Custom’s executives; able to facilitate decisions & prioritize demand; capable of managing and addressing simultaneously multiple issues & risks while being able to recognize when escalation is needed;
- Personal Attitude – highly motivated; good organizational skills; ability to follow directions; willingness to learn; result driven; able to work effectively and manage relations with senior executives from diverse departmental groups; able to work under time pressure; detail oriented.
- Candidate should present projects, within the past ten (10) years, in which the candidate has provided services as Project Manager.
Desired Competencies and Qualifications (experiences, training, etc is a plus but not required)
- Skills: Performance Management, Project Management, Foster Teamwork, Supervision, Quality Management, Tracking Budget Expenses, Results Driven, Delegation, Time Management, Proactive, Staffing.
The items above are for the purpose of providing you with a general description of the nature of the duties and functions. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position. You may be assigned additional tasks not described related to the position in compliance with the demand of the operation and it does not diminish in any manner the obligations to the personnel’s existing responsibilities.