The Program Director will be responsible for the entire overview and goals compliance of the program of all construction projects, including but not limited to all administration operation and field works. The Program Director must have general knowledge of all previously defined scope and with all responsibilities implied. The Program Director must supervise PM administrative and field staff and all Puerto Rico Public Housing Authority (PRPHA) contracting parties like: Designers, General Contractors, Sub-general contractors, Housing Managements Agents, etc. The Program Director shall have knowledge of all applicable regulation, including, but not limited to the American with Disabilities Act to 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design and Davis Bacon , Section 504 Uniform Federal Accessibility Standards (UFAS) and FHAct, Section 3 employment opportunity and Davis Bacon Act wage rates, construction codes and HUD regulatory guidelines compliance.
Critical Tasks & Responsibilities
- Direct the Program Manager in daily operation and all the roles and responsibilities listed for Program Management.
- Direct and coordinate all daily activities related to training, communications, scheduling, deliverables, staffing designation and evaluation, risk assessment and management. • Ensure review and compliance with all Program Management regulatory and statutory requirements in coordination with the Regulatory Compliance Officer in the development and implementation of projects.
- Act as the main point of contact with PRPHA or its authorized representative. • Lead and coordinate meetings, conference calls or any group activities related to the program management tasks, including coordination with all parties involved and required.
- Lead and coordinate to generate any deliverables required in a timely manner. • Oversee logistics management, ensuring that procedures are in place to align with the program’s goals and objectives.
- Act as the main point of contact to coordinate, record and manage all tasks and costs related to construction projects.
Required Competencies and Qualifications (technical, academic, experience, values, behaviors):
- Academic – bachelor’s degree or higher education in Engineering or Architecture;
- License – Professional Engineer license or Professional Architecture license
- Associations – Member in good standing with the Puerto Rico College of Engineers and Land Surveyors; or with the Puerto Rico College of Architects and Landscaping Architects;
- Experience – minimum of ten (10) years of experience as a Program Manager, performing services similar to those required in this description;
- Fully bi-lingual- English / Spanish (both written & verbal);
- Technical Skills – highly proficient in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project and other PM software; understanding of construction drawings and specifications; technical writing skills;
- General Management – leadership, sound judgement, team player, follow communication protocols, excellent communication skills, multi-tasking (work on multiple projects simultaneously);
- Project Management Skills – systematic thinking; good analytical skills; process oriented; capable of managing & shuffling priorities based on the needs of Custom’s executives; able to facilitate decisions & prioritize demand; capable of managing and addressing simultaneously multiple issues & risks while being able to recognize when escalation is needed;
- Personal Attitude – highly motivated; good organizational skills; ability to follow directions; willingness to learn; result driven; able to work effectively and manage relations with senior executives from diverse departmental groups; able to work under time pressure; detail oriented.
- Candidate should present projects, within the past ten (10) years, in which the candidate has provided services as Program Manager
Desired Competencies and Qualifications (experiences, training, etc is a plus but not required)
- Skills: Performance Management, Project Management, Foster Teamwork, Supervision, Quality Management, Tracking Budget Expenses, Results Driven, Delegation, Time Management, Proactive, Staffing.
- Academic – PE certification, PMP Certification (preferred).
- The items above are for the purpose of providing you with a general description of the nature of the duties and functions. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position. You may be assigned additional tasks not described related to the position in compliance with the demand of the operation and it does not diminish in any manner the obligations to the personnel’s existing responsibilities.