The Procurement Officer will identify the procurement needs, establish strategic vetting to develop all the procurement process to prepare Designers RFQ’s if required and Contractor’s RFP’s, Orders, contractual documents and supporting documentation for the PRPHA contracts; involve in the process of selecting the contractors and the negotiation of contracts. Shall have knowledge of all applicable regulation, including but not limited to the American with Disabilities Act to 2010 ADA Standards Design Section 504 Uniform Federal Accessibility Standards (UFAS) and FHAct, Section 3 Employment Opportunity and Davis Bacon Act Wage Rates.
Reports to: Program Director
Critical Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support the Project Manager in daily operations and identified responsibilities.
- Prepare Designers’ s and Contractor’s RFQ and RFP respectively,
- Prepare recommendations for Designer’s and Contractor’s selection.
- Implement and conduct all required activities established by Project Manager’s logistics and plans for the Program Management program.
- Provide direct support to Project Manager in coordinating, conducting, and documenting all necessary meetings, including outreach activities, trainings and workshops.
- Provide all necessary support in the development, preparation and submission of required deliverables to PRDOH, including monthly reports
Required Competencies and Qualifications (technical, academic, experience, values, behaviors):
- Academic – bachelor’s degree or higher education, included but not limited to Engineering, Architecture, Project Management, Accounting, Finance or similar studies. • Experience – at least five (5) years of experience performing services similar to the ones required in this description.
- Must have demonstrated experience in the following, but not limited to, document management, auditing procedure development and implementation, compliance review procedures, policy interpretation and implementation, team leading in auditing and policy reviews, reporting techniques, and data system usage
- Fully bi-lingual English / Spanish(both written & verbal);
- Technical Skills – highly proficient in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project and other similar software; understanding of construction drawings and specifications; technical writing skills; purchases orders, invoices, quotes, etc
- General Management – leadership, sound judgement, team player, follow communication protocols, excellent communication skills, multi-tasking (work on multiple projects simultaneously);
- Project Management Skills – systematic thinking; good analytical skills; process oriented; capable of managing & shuffling priorities based on the needs of Custom’s executives; able to facilitate decisions & prioritize demand; capable of managing and addressing simultaneously multiple issues & risks while being able to recognize when escalation is needed;
- Knowledge – Must have knowledge of PRPHA and HUD procurements process and guidelines
- Personal Attitude – highly motivated; good organizational skills; ability to follow directions; willingness to learn; result driven; able to work effectively and manage relations with senior executives from diverse departmental groups; able to work under time pressure; detail oriented.
- Candidate should present projects within the past five (5) years in which the candidate has provided services as Procurement Officer.
Desired Competencies and Qualifications (experiences, training, etc is a plus but not required)
- Skills: Performance Management, Project Management, Foster Teamwork, Supervision, Quality Management, Tracking Budget Expenses, Results Driven, Delegation, Time Management, Proactive, Staffing.
- Academic – PMP Certification, preferred.
The items above are for the purpose of providing you with a general description of the nature of the duties and functions. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position. You may be assigned additional tasks not described related to the position in compliance with the demand of the operation and it does not diminish in any manner the obligations to the personnel’s existing responsibilities.