This position is ideal for the right person looking for a stable, long-term opportunity with a growing, dynamic company. This individual will represent the owner, as part of the construction inspection team, which functions require monitoring and inspecting the general contractor’s field work to ensure compliance with approved shop drawings, work plans, and quality control procedures.
Reports to: Inspector Engineer
Critical Tasks & Responsibilities
- Inspecting and assessing buildings for compliance with applicable laws and building code requirements.
Required Competencies and Qualifications (technical, academic, experience, values, behaviors):
- Academic – bachelor’s degree or higher education in Engineering or Architecture.
- Fully bilingual (both written & verbal); technical writing skills.
- Technical Skills – highly proficient in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project and other PM software; understanding of construction drawings, read and interpret plans and specifications, materials, methods, procedures.
- Ability to perform complex quantity, engineering computations, maintain field and office records.
- General Management – leadership, sound judgement, team player, follow communication protocols, excellent communication skills, multi-tasking (work on multiple projects simultaneously);
- Personal Attitude – highly motivated; good organizational skills; ability to follow directions; willingness to learn; result driven; able to work effectively and manage relations with senior executives from diverse departmental groups; able to work under time pressure; detail oriented.
Desired Competencies and Qualifications (experiences, training, etc is a plus but not required)
- Skills: Foster Teamwork, Results Driven, Time Management and Proactive.
The items above are for the purpose of providing you with a general description of the nature of the duties and functions. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position. You may be assigned additional tasks not described related to the position in compliance with the demand of the operation and it does not diminish in any manner the obligations to the personnel’s existing responsibilities.