The Eligibility Analyst shall assist the Eligibility Manager in the implementation of the tasks and sub-tasks for the FEMA Public Assistance (PA) projects and FEMA Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) under the CDBG-DR Non-Federal Match Program as required by the PRDOH guidelines. This task involves providing support services to PRDOH for outreach, intake, and technical assistance to applicants until they execute a formal subrecipient agreement with PRDOH, including the evaluation of procurement document for subrecipient’s projects; services to PRDOH to manage subrecipients with executed formal agreements evaluating projects for eligibility and compliance with the Program guidelines; and services to PRDOH during construction of subrecipient’s projects from match payments through close-out.
Reports to: Eligibility Manager
Critical Tasks & Responsibilities
- Access COR3 and FEMA’s systems of record to identify and download all documentation related to the PW evaluation.
- Identify and record all PW related documentation into the PRDOH system of record, as established in the corresponding procedure.
- Maintain the established file management structure in order and in compliance with all applicable procedures.
- Identify, evaluate and validate the Record of Environmental Consideration among each PW documentation.
- Complete the required calculations to determine the eligible costs needed to justify the match payment, and confirm the required documentation is available within the PRDOH’s system of record.
- Review and validate the documentation required represents eligible costs to justify the match payment.
- Review and validate the procurement documentation for each PW to confirm compliance with CDBG-DR and PRDOH requirements.
- Provide any required support to the Grant Manager’s Labor and Civil Rights Compliance team during the labor compliance review process.
- Review and validate that the Duplication of Benefits requirements are met by the project being reviewed and analyzed.
- Completes all the eligibility review steps described in accordance with standard operating procedures for a match payment on any given project assigned for review.
- Prepare and submit to the Eligibility Manager all required information and documentation to complete the match payment review and further steps.
- Complete the necessary reviews, including the National Objective determination, for all applicable projects under the Non-Federal Match Program.
- Complete the preliminary and full evaluations for HMGP projects in means of validating compliance with CDBG-DR requirements.
- Complete the review and validation necessary to complete the HMGP projects’ match application.
- Provide any necessary assistance for the review and recommendation process, or any other procedure as required by the Eligibility Manager or Key Staff.
Required Competencies and Qualifications (technical, academic, experience, values, behaviors):
- Academic – bachelor’s degree or higher education, including but not limited to Engineering, Architecture, Accounting, Law, or similar studies;
- Experience – at least two (2) years of experience in auditing federally funded grant program’s processes, including but not limited to document and process auditing, policy review and implementation, compliance review, and invoice review and validation;
- Fully bi-lingual (both written & verbal);
- Technical Skills – highly proficient in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project and other PM software; understanding of construction drawings and specifications; technical writing skills;
- General Management – leadership, sound judgement, team player, follow communication protocols, excellent communication skills, multi-tasking (work on multiple projects simultaneously);
- Project Management Skills – systematic thinking; good analytical skills; process oriented; capable of managing & shuffling priorities based on the needs of Custom’s executives; able to facilitate decisions & prioritize demand; capable of managing and addressing simultaneously multiple issues & risks while being able to recognize when escalation is needed;
- Personal Attitude – highly motivated; good organizational skills; ability to follow directions; willingness to learn; result driven; able to work effectively and manage relations with senior executives from diverse departmental groups; able to work under time pressure; detail oriented.
Desired Competencies and Qualifications (experiences, training, etc is a plus but not required)
- Skills: Performance Management, Project Management, Foster Teamwork, Supervision, Quality Management, Tracking Budget Expenses, Results Driven, Delegation, Time Management, Proactive, Staffing.
- The items above are for the purpose of providing you with a general description of the nature of the duties and functions. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position. You may be assigned additional tasks not described related to the position in compliance with the demand of the operation and it does not diminish in any manner the obligations to the personnel’s existing responsibilities.