The Deputy Program Manager shall assist the Program Manager in the implementation of the tasks and sub-tasks for the FEMA Public Assistance (PA) projects and FEMA Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) under the CDBG-DR Non-Federal Match Program as required by the PRDOH guidelines. This task involves providing support services to PRDOH for outreach, intake, and technical assistance to applicants until they execute a formal subrecipient agreement with PRDOH, including the evaluation of procurement document for subrecipient’s projects; services to PRDOH to manage subrecipients with executed formal agreements evaluating projects for eligibility and compliance with the Program guidelines; and services to PRDOH during construction of subrecipient’s projects from match payments through close-out.
Reports to: Program Manager
Critical Tasks & Responsibilities
- Support the Program Manager in daily operation and all the roles and responsibilities listed for Program Management.
- Direct and coordinate all daily activities related to training, communications, scheduling, deliverables, staffing designation and evaluation, risk assessment and management.
- Contact and manage relations with officials for partner agencies and for subrecipients or potential subrecipients of the Non-Federal Match Program.
- Ensure review and compliance with all CDBG-DR regulatory and statutory requirements in coordination with the Regulatory Compliance Officer in the development and implementation of projects.
- Act as the main point of contact with PRDOH or its authorized representative.
- Lead and coordinate meetings, conference calls or any group activities related to the program management tasks, including coordination with all parties involved and required.
- Lead and coordinate to generate any deliverables required in a timely manner.
- Oversee logistics management, ensuring that procedures are in place to align with the program’s goals and objectives.
- Oversee standards of performance, safety policies, and procedures, CDBG-DR compliance and adjust internal policies as necessary.
- Direct human resources and management activities on the operational side of the programs and determine the staff needed to accomplish the operational tasks.
- Act as the main point of contact with other Infrastructure Program Managers to coordinate, record and manage all tasks and costs related to Infrastructure projects subject to a match under the HMGP.
Required Competencies and Qualifications (technical, academic, experience, values, behaviors):
- Academic – bachelor’s degree or higher education in Planning, Engineering,
Architecture, Project Management, or similar degree;
- Experience – at least five (5) years of experience as a Program or Project Manager, and at least three (3) years of specific experience in federally funded programs;
- Fully bi-lingual (both written & verbal);
- Technical Skills – highly proficient in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project and other PM software; understanding of construction drawings and specifications; technical writing skills;
- General Management – leadership, sound judgement, team player, follow communication protocols, excellent communication skills, multi-tasking (work on multiple projects simultaneously);
- Project Management Skills – systematic thinking; good analytical skills; process oriented; capable of managing & shuffling priorities based on the needs of Custom’s executives; able to facilitate decisions & prioritize demand; capable of managing and addressing simultaneously multiple issues & risks while being able to recognize when escalation is needed;
- Personal Attitude – highly motivated; good organizational skills; ability to follow directions; willingness to learn; result driven; able to work effectively and manage relations with senior executives from diverse departmental groups; able to work under time pressure; detail oriented.
Desired Competencies and Qualifications (experiences, training, etc is a plus but not required)
- Skills: Performance Management, Project Management, Foster Teamwork, Supervision, Quality Management, Tracking Budget Expenses, Results Driven, Delegation, Time Management, Proactive, Staffing.
- Academic – PE certification, PMP Certification (preferred).
- Candidate should present at least three (3) projects, within the past ten (10) years, in which the candidate has provided services as a Deputy Program Manager under contracts with grantees of federal grants for programs that combined had a minimum allocation amount of $50,000,000 and a minimum combined quantity of five (5) subrecipients.
- The items above are for the purpose of providing you with a general description of the nature of the duties and functions. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position. You may be assigned additional tasks not described related to the position in compliance with the demand of the operation and it does not diminish in any manner the obligations to the personnel’s existing responsibilities.