The Construction Oversight Engineer/Architect shall assist the Program Manager in the implementation of the tasks and sub-tasks for the FEMA Public Assistance (PA) projects and FEMA Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) under the CDBG-DR Non-Federal Match Program as required by the PRDOH guidelines. This task involves providing support services to PRDOH for outreach, intake, and technical assistance to applicants until they execute a formal subrecipient agreement with PRDOH, including the evaluation of procurement document for subrecipient’s projects; services to PRDOH to manage subrecipients with executed formal agreements evaluating projects for eligibility and compliance with the Program guidelines; and services to PRDOH during construction of subrecipient’s projects from match payments through close-out.
Reports to: Deputy Program Manager
Critical Tasks & Responsibilities
- Perform site visits, as necessary, when any construction progress situation arises and the PRDOH or its authorized representative requires it, under any of the subrecipients match-eligible projects.
- Validate that the subrecipient’s match request is consistent with the project’s progress through site visits, when required by the PRDOH or its authorized representative.
- Prepare reports to the Project Manager, based on oversight visits of subrecipient’s match-eligible projects under PRDOH’s Non-Federal Match program.
- Lead, coordinate and supervise all the Construction Oversight Assistant’s tasks.
Required Competencies and Qualifications (technical, academic, experience, values, behaviors):
- Academic – bachelor’s degree or higher education in Engineering or Architecture.
- Experience – at least five (5) years of experience in construction inspection or supervision.
- Fully bi-lingual (both written & verbal) Must have fluent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical Skills – highly proficient in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project and other PM software; understanding of construction drawings and specifications; technical writing skills;
- Project Management Skills – systematic thinking; good analytical skills; process oriented; capable of managing & shuffling priorities based on the needs of Custom’s executives; able to facilitate decisions & prioritize demand; capable of managing and addressing simultaneously multiple issues & risks while being able to recognize when escalation is needed;
- Personal Attitude – highly motivated; good organizational skills; ability to follow directions; willingness to learn; result driven; able to work effectively and manage relations with senior executives from diverse departmental groups; able to work under time pressure; detail oriented.
Desired Competencies and Qualifications (experiences, training, etc is a plus but not required)
• Skills: Performance Management, Project Management, Foster Teamwork, Supervision, Quality Management, Tracking Budget Expenses, Results Driven, Delegation, Time Management, Proactive, Staffing.
• The items above are for the purpose of providing you with a general description of the nature of the duties and functions. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position. You may be assigned additional tasks not described related to the position in compliance with the demand of the operation and it does not diminish in any manner the obligations to the personnel’s existing responsibilities.